Ever felt a word was right on the Tip of Your Tongue, but just couldn't think of it? It's a strange, frustrating experience across cultures - and all over the world. It's an experience that can be artificially induced. The tip-of-the-tongue freeze occurs when the mind "blocks" at recalling a specific (and ordinarily-known) word. The condition can be evoked by reading the eight definitions below. Chances are you will block (at least temporarily) on several of them.
1) metal or metal-tipped spear used in contests of distance throwing
2) inscription on a tomb
3) incombustible, chemical-resistant, material used for fireproofing
4) navigational instrument used for measuring the angular elevation of the sun or a star above the horizon
5) tough, elastic tissue forming part of the skeleton
6) heavy, broad-bladed knife or hatchet used especially by butchers
7) essential living matter of all plant and animal cells
8) crystalline sugar occurring naturally in fruits, honey, etc.